If you have passion for coding and technology and do you like solving complex, technological challenges? – Than, Mocean has the perfect function as a Software Developer. With your experience as a .NET developer, you can work in a technical environment and develop forecast & monitoring systems and Offshore Decision Support Systems. Our clients work in the offshore oil & gas and wind industry and you’ll be developing products that create high-end products and are at the same time “easy to use”. End-user acceptance is key for efficient and safe use of Moceans’ products.
Note that Mocean is an Naval & Marine engineering office and you will be the only dedicated software developer.
Purpose of the job
As a software engineer you’ll be working with engineers to develop products based on in-house prototype tools for the offshore industry.
Key tasks / responsibilities
Requirement analysis and specification based on in-house, specialized software tools and expert knowledge from specialists in the field of hydrodynamics, mooring & subsea and maritime.
Development, implementation and testing of software products.
Work in a technical environment with an R&D setting.
- Full software development life-cycle experience in C# within a .NET environment
- Being capable of working independently as developer
- Web service development ASP.Net (MVC)
- SQL Server
- Feel for GUI design and UX
- Experience of TCP/UDP communication protocols
- English Language: spoken and written
Desirable skills required for this position
- Experience with Matlab / Python / LaTex / Java
- Experience or interest for Marine & Offshore industry
You like technical challenges and have a proactive attitude preferably a relevant degree. Have an eye for product development and client perception.
- Technical challenging projects
- Ambitious environment with technical experts